Sunday, February 21, 2010

9 to Fine!

So I haven’t kept my promise of blogging like a maniac, but I have my reasons, and very valid ones at that. I work a 9 to 9 job as an “Assistant HR Manager” – shocking? – my point exactly! I was over the moon when I got offered the position – little did I know a hell hole awaited me! Now no one said first jobs have to be cake walks but this job – is like walking on nails laced with cake. I begin my day before “the early bird” and end it after the “barn owl”! I do the accountants job, the store managers job, the admin officers job, the peons job, the computer operators job…and every other job in between…yet I was hired to be – the HR MANAGER! So bravely I wake up at the crack of dawn every day (I work a 6 day week just so you know), put on my brave face and march to work - everyday without fail. I try to do the whole dedicated employee thing but honestly it sucks to do everybodys job but your own! I work with a seasoned crop of intellectually dwarfed people who have mastered the art of exaggeration and “pretend-to-be-busy-even-when-you-aren’t” look. I work my butt off and my “associates” wait around like vultures to pick off the carcass of credit and leave the leftovers for me to nibble on. The company has its own in house breeding program for ass lickers – they are taught how to carefully select the target, wait for the opportune moment for target to go take a crap, and consequently how to cleverly maneuver their tongues into the targets but crack and lick it clean without being noticed by another associate ass licker. People shamelessly throw the ball of blame onto any target in sight so as to save their own asses from getting “Fined” (yup you read correctly – the company promotes negative reinforcements – who cares about the rod when you can deduct the last penny of the poor employees salary by imposing fines). 

Anyways, enough complaining about my crappy job (I will author a self help book on the topic and call it – “How NOT To Be Duped By Your Employer Into Believing You DON’T Have A Crappy Job”). I know my rant of a post is far from entertaining but I am trying to vent it all out and retain my last kernel of sanity. Pray for me folks – I have survived 3 weeks and I already feel like a war veteran. Now I shall hit the sack so I can beat the early bird tomorrow morn!

3 comments:

laddu said...

welcome to the big bad corporate world.. :):)
fyi - I am in quest of ppl who r happy/satisfied with their job..if u find anyone, let me know.. it would be nice interacting with them.. :):)

Dory The Fish said...

Oh my, that was graphic.. Sadly some working class people are like that.. Really hate to see the day if we ever turn into those vultures.. ugh..

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha....WHAT PRICKS!!!
and i dont mean just the work people..it is quite funny to see how over 3 years you have met the WHOSE WHO of HUMAN CRAP...Be it in your posts or uh..otherwise....
APPLAUSE!!

Blog Archive