Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Exam Blues

Once upon a time when exams were up ahead
There was a princess with a head full of dread
Trying to fill her pea brain with knowledge galore
Pouring over books and forgetting ever more

“Oh wretched exams – how I hate thee so”
I wish you would vanish – I bid thee go!
The king wishes me to have scholarly zeal
Doesn’t anyone give a f*ck bout what I feel?

I am a rogue – I care not for education
For what I’m taught limits imagination
Yet I sit in the tower pouring over scrolls
As I dream about pansies and fairies and trolls

Tis’ the night before the exams begin
And like a serpent rises my evil twin
Why study when you can play
You’ve worked enough during the day

So my mind starts to wander to places far and wide
To a Medieval prince and his Spanish bride
A rap on the door startles me out of my reverie
“Amelia have you studied the scrolls-each and every?”

My tutor is a pain – in all the wrong places
Oh how doth one tackle such nut cases?
In reply I smile… and nod sincerely
“Very well here’s more,” he cuts in crudely 

The door is shut; I stare at the pile before me
My head in a tizzy, my back so achy
All work and no play is a thing of the past
My ship sails in a sea of scrolls - without a mast 

Oh save me somebody – hear out my cry
Why should I study – why why why!
Numbers are senseless – sting they like venom
I was born so smart – oh how now I'm dumb!

3 comments:

laddu said...

all d best..:):)

Kapila Pande said...

heheh thanks hey - im gona need all the luck in the world seeing how i'm blogging when i should be studying

Ketan said...

Amazing poem! I really like the way you combine archaic words with urban lingua franca like f*ck. 'Pain in wrong places' was also too good!

You need all the sympathies seeing how you'd been studying when you should've been blogging!

Take care and all the best for any future blog er... exam!

Blog Archive